Wednesday, November 9, 2011


Today we took Starbuck for her morning walk. It was 10 when we woke up so we waited till the sun rose above Whitehouse (one of the mountains that guard our community). Once the sun rose above the mountain, it warmed up immediately.

It is so intense here at 7950 ft.  Due to this altitude the sky is this gorgeous blue. I think this is the echo of God's voice saying "It is good!"

We crossed over
from Beaver Lake to the Crystal River which is one of those rushing mountain streams. Parts of it were frozen and it was surrounded by leafless bushes that were covered with ice so that they glistened and sparkled in the sunlight. Starbuck was running around and Jon was exploring. I found a log free of snow to sit on. I sat. I was silent. I was facing the sun above the snow covered Whitehouse Mountain. I sat. I was silent. I heard the river rushing over the rocks and saw the sun making a sparkling reflection upon the river. I sat. I was silent. Starbuck came bounding around the corner in free abandonment; she greeted me and was off again. I sat. I was silent. Did I not hear the echo of God's voice saying "It is good!"

"Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep. O Lord, you preserve both man and beast. How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings." Psalms 36: 5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment