Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The call of the mountains........Today I just simply felt the call of the mountains, the call of the trail, the pull to grab my hiking gear and go. So my yellow lab and I took off on the trail to the Crystal Mill! So we jumped into the Bob Marley jeep (not actually named for the singer but the fact that we bought it from a doc named Bob whose wife is named Marly).  Due to that fact they placed a sticker with a picture of the singer Bob Marley inside the back door. Thus the name of my jeep.

So Starbuck and I drove up Daniels Hill and parked and began our hike. The trail goes along the side of the Crystal River and today the river ran clear and brilliant. The sound of it soothed my soul. The energy required for the hike allowed the worries to slip away with each breath, with each drop of sweat and with each "rocky" step. Starbuck and I shared yogurt and peanuts by the Crystal Mill. I breathed the fall-tinged air and my spirit was lifted.

So perhaps the call of the mountains was actually the call of God......."Take my yoke upon you for my burden is gentle and light." "Do not worry about tomorrow for sufficient is the evil of today." Allow Me to be your "refuge and strength." "Trust in me with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge Me in all your ways and I will make straight your paths." ........Yes I think the call of the mountains was actually the call of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment