Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Awakening......I took Starbuck on a walk behind Beaver Lake to see the Crystal River. I haven't seen it in a long time due to our snow depths. However our temperatures have warmed and some of our 129 inches have melted down and frozen over again to make it easier to walk across the top without sinking down to above your knees. We were successful in crossing the bank to see our river flowing between snow fields. It was actually very warm with the 8000 ft sun shining over the top of White House (the mountain). The sun reflecting off the snow made it feel even warmer. So I took off my coat and sat on it in the snow. Starbuck was running willy nilly all around and finally came to sit by me. It was, with the February turn of the earth, a bright day with the sound of the river running and an occasional bird singing. I breathed in God with the crisp air......

It was then that I felt it. I felt the earth beginning to awaken from winter for a moment. It will not last for it is too early yet. But nevertheless it was there and I was part of it. I took off my sunglasses and kept my eyes closed against the brightness of the snow and lifted my face toward the sun. I lifted my heart to God. And just as I felt the earth awakening, I felt the vail of winter parting back allowing my soul to sing the songs of spring praise to my Lord and my God!

"What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see. And He takes me by the hand and leads me to the promised land. What a day glorious day that will be." An old southern church hymn.

No comments:

Post a Comment