Wednesday, February 5, 2014

So today I got myself into a mess.........We have been having a lot of snow! We returned from North Carolina to 2 ft of new snow. I started shoveling off the deck in the dark. Yesterday we had 8 more inches of snow and I spent all day shoveling to keep up with it as it built up. So as I had pushed more and more snow off the deck it had gotten to the point that I could no longer push the snow under the railing but had to heave it over the railing, making it a much more difficult chore. So another storm is predicted for tonight. I therefore decided that I should move some of the snow out of the way. (just me and a shovel)

When I stepped into the yard below the deck I sank to the very top of my thighs. Oh well..... I began to pull some of the snow away from the deck and down to my level shovel by shovel step by step thigh deep in snow! My boots wanted to come off with each step and imagine pulling your leg from one thigh deep step to the next! I was huffing and puffing at the labor of it all only to realize that I was burying my path back with the snow I was pulling down. What to do? It would be embarrassing to be stuck in the back yard until somebody came to help me out wouldn't it? Finally it dawned on me that the deck had raised flower beds just beneath it. So I pulled myself up by reaching out and grabbing the railing to be in only ankle deep snow because of my previous work pulling the snow down. Then I just shoveled my way back to the steps!

In life we often get ourselves in little messes. I am grateful that God teaches us to be persistent in prayer and to trust in Him step by step even if we are thigh deep in whatever situation! Then when He shows us the way out we must have the faith and discernment to grab onto the railing and pull up!!!!!

"Be very careful, then, how you live not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is." St. Paul to the Ephesians

No comments:

Post a Comment