Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Lent.....Throughout this period I have been studying our Bible Study lessons and truly contemplating what it must have been like for Jesus being God incarnate, God with us, fully man and fully God. Now this concept alone is beyond comprehension in my mere human mind. It is a quote from this week's study that sums it up; "it takes ears of faith and eyes of faith." And thus I pray, Lord give me ears that hear in faith and eyes that see in faith.
As I contemplated the account of Jesus raising Lazareth from the dead which according to John would directly lead to the cross, I asked again those questions: Jesus, as you were '"deeply moved" as John says, you saw all didn't you? You saw the grief of your friends didn't you? You saw the final hours before the cross didn't you? Did you see those of us who would lack faith or misunderstand things you so lovingly gave us? Yet you loved us anyway didn't you? You loved us enough to keep walking walking walking walking........toward Calvary. You were fully human and knew the cost, yet fully God and knew the cost! I weep and am compelled to pray, forgive me Lord.
Yet this passage also gives us the glorious promise; "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." Yes, as the song says, Sunday's coming but first you walked, from the day you were born, toward Calvary. The mother in me weeps for your precious drops of life-giving flow. The human in me weeps for your labored breaths. The heart in me takes comfort that, yes indeed, Sunday's coming and one day it will come for all!
Yes, sweet Jesus, give me ears of faith and eyes of faith as I daily walk this kingdom path on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment